Friday, March 26, 2010

Linked by Love

It's been quite some time since I posted. In fact, it's been almost a month since I've actually sat down and made some cards. I'm just getting back into the groove this week! My husband had sinus surgery and there were a few complications so we had a short hospital stay and then I've been taking care of him this past month. So that being said, I'm very excited to jump back in and participate in Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge this week!

Last year, my husband and I spend a wonderful week in Cancun! It was gorgeous! We picked up a few souvenirs to bring home and one of them is this gorgeous little oil warmer. I just love it and have been looking at it for awhile now trying to think of how I can make a card using it for inspiration.
Tonight after the dinner, the ideas just started flowing and voila! Here's my creation!
I was so excited to use my new Scalloped Edge Punch and Embosser by Fiskars! I created the medallion by cutting a piece of cardstock 3.5" x 3.5". I lined up the cardstock on one side placing the scallop in the middle and punched. I then lined up the other sides the same way. There was a very small piece on either side of all the scallops holding it together that I just trimmed off. The little flowers left over from the punch were used on the sentiment. I heat embossed the large heart stamp into the background and alternated the pattern. The dots were created with the same blue ink and the end of a paintbrush. After heat embossing the sentiment, and large hearts, I decided to distress all the edges. The sentiment and the hearts were popped up with pop up dots.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Recollections
Stamps: Inkadinkado
Ink: Studio G Ink Spots
Techniques: Heat Embossing, Distressing
Have a fab day!
Julz =)

2 comments:

newfiecrafter said...

Thanks for leaving the nice comment on my blog. Your card is beautiful and so nice you drew inspiration from something special to you.I'm going to Puerta Vallarta in April for my sons wedding so excited . Cheers
Marilyn

dstandard said...

What a creative card! Love this!