Saturday, February 13, 2010

Embellishments for your friend!

There's a great new contest over on Nicole Heady's Blog Capture the Moment for Papertrey Ink. I've just discovered her blog in the past few days and found some great projects! This week's contest features such a cool idea - a set of embellishments for the inside of your card to give to your recipient! I love it!

I had some time to think over my creation while I was at work today, but then of course, ended up with a completely different card than what I set out to make! There were two contests on Nicole's blog I wanted to enter - the floral embellishment contest and also the Asian Fusion contest. So I combined the two! My mom just asked me for embellishment ideas yesterday so I think I'm going to send her this card. The buttons were all heat embossed w/Sparkle Embossing powder. The origami flowers were sponged w/blue.

The butterflies were created by punching out a butterfly from white cardstock and a sheet of vellum. I ran both through a Cuttlebug Swirls folder and then attached the two together slightly off center with a glue dot.

Have a fab day!

Julz =)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Super cute flowers! I love the glittery button center!