Thursday, February 25, 2010

Another Dragonfly Card

You might be sensing a theme by now! Check out Taylored Expressions Dragonfly Card Drive!
My friend Tracie will be very proud of me! Not only did I use LOTS of buttons in the last post but I also used dragonflies - TWO of her very FAV things!


I kept this card very clean and simple. The swirls were embossed in clear w/purple ink. I punched out tiny hearts for the dragonfly wings and added little gems for the bodies of the dragonflies.


Think about making a card or two yourself and sending them to TE. It's for a good cause and will add a little comfort to someone's heart.

Have a fab day!
Julz =)

5 comments:

COUNTRY GIRL said...

Of course I'm proud about the buttons and dragonflys! I am more proud of the organization you mentioned in your blog. The card drive is a nice, easy thing to do to share a little comfort with someone. I will have to make some myself. I love the dragonflies on the card, of course, but I really loved the design on the right top corner. Is that one stamp or multiple? You probably said that in the instructions. I still say I would love to write up my list of birthdays for the whole year, work, family and friends. Then take one day and make a card for each person (not necessarily different cards for each one). I could go ahead and put them in envelopes, addressed and stamped if needed. Alas, I have not had the time yet. Hmmmmm, maybe a vacation day?

Julz said...

Aawww, thanks for the great compliment! =) The swirl is actually a stamp that's about 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches. I made it longer by masking off the end and stamping the long swirl a second time down the side. The birthday thing would be fun! We could make a whole day of it!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

this is so adorable, luvin the pearls...i am a glitz and glam kinda girl too....lol...we gotta have a our bling....have a fantastic day!

enjoy *~*

Fuzzy Slippers said...

What an elegant card! I love how delicate the dragonflies look. Great job! :)

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

I love all the flourishes and the delicate dragonflies flying around. The pearls are just the right touch!