Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bee Mine Side Steppn' Fold Card

This is for this week's Splitcoaststampers.com Technique Challenge TLC257 Side Steppin'.

These past few weeks have been so very busy for us! I'm so glad to just have a day off to relax! =) I recently picked up some new stamps and tools from JandJDesigns and was so ready to play with them this week!

One of my new stamps was this great Bee Trio by Stampendous! Just so adorable! I colored them in with Sharpies. On the wings and hearts I used a Gelly Roll Stardust Glitter Pen then cut the image out. I embossed some red hearts with glitter embossing powder and cut them out as well.

The yellow background is a technique called Striped Wipe which used reinkers and a baby wipe. I do not have any reinkers though so I found that food coloring works just as well! I then ran the cardstock thru a Cuttlebug Swirls folder and my pasta machine. Voila!

I had a hard time with the letters. I wanted to use chipboard but didn't have all the letters I needed. Then I discovered some long lost sticker letters in gold - not quite the color I was looking for but after tracing over them with a red sharpie and the gelly roll Pen I think they came out great!
The hearts and Bee Trio were attached with foam tape for a little pop.
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a fab day!
Julz =)

No comments: