Sunday, December 27, 2009

Button Bear Floating Party Card & Blog Candy!

How was your Christmas? Ours was kind of a whirlwind. We are relaxing today and have pretty much lazed around! ;) It was a nice change of pace, I must admit! I changed my blog design and am so happy with the layout! Thanks to thecutestblogontheblock.com for their designs!

Friday while I was working, I saw the cutest card on Creations's by Patti. She was chosen for the Wicked Challenge in December and made a card called Floating Snowflakes. I don't have many punches beyond the standard scalloped circles and such. I thought the Button Bear set would be perfect as it has many images that would be cool for floating - party hat, balloon, presents, etc.
Button Bear was stamped twice - once on the main card front and then again on a piece of scrap. I colored him in w/colored pencils and layered him w/foam tape. The balloon and party hat were both embossed w/glitter powder then attached w/foam tape as well.
I made this flower one first but I don't think I like it as much as the Button Bear card. I did get to use my new Crop-a-dile though! It was a present from my in-laws for Christmas. It's very cool! The flowers on the side of the card were embossed in silver sparkle.

I'm going to try and post something every day this week. While I'm at it, I think I'll give away some blog candy! Answer the question posted every day this week for your chance to win! Contest ends December 31 at 1159p. Winner to be chosen on January 1.

What is your favorite new product for cardmaking/scrapbooking?

Have a fab day!

Julz =)

No comments: