Saturday, October 10, 2009

TESC86 Blue Flowers

Here's my third entry for the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge. This is my favorite out of all of them! I just couldn't get the right picture for this so I took two different angles so you could see the words at the top in one and the flowers in the other.


I was looking around at my supplies trying to figure out what to do with the next card. I saw this fab deep gray/silver cardstock and remembered that I had been looking at this magazine article for Olay the past few days (can you figure out what I used it for?). I also remembered that I had this great flower Flourishes ribbon in all these browns/grays/blues. It just matched perfectly to the article. Looking around I also had this patterned paper to match as well. Don'tcha just love it when a card comes together so easily?!?!
Now I bet you're wondering about that magazine article. A little silver embossing powder and Platinum ink was used to create these little flowers using the Cloisonne Technique from Splitcoaststampers.com. This is so easy! Find a great pattern from a magazine and tear out the page. Stamp your image and heat emboss. Cut it out and attach to your card.
The background for the flowers is a silvery blue piece of cardstock that I ran through a Cuttlebug Swirl Embossing folder and a pasta machine. I ran a blue ink pad over it to pick up the swirls. It's matted in the same gray/silver cardstock as the base.
The sentiment is also heat embossed in silver. I attached the flower ribbon and some bling to finish it off.
I ended up reversing the sketch on this card as I wanted the flowers more on the left side than the right.
Have a fab day!
Julz =)

4 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fantastic card, Julz...your flowers are just stunning, as is the rest of your card...great job using Taylor's sketch!

the whimsical butterfly said...

This is so pretty! LOVE the shimmer! Awesome take on the sketch!

Cindy Haffner said...

Very pretty.

Gwen said...

This is really beautiful!!! hum...another new technique! thanks for the link!!!