Sunday, October 25, 2009

LPSC38 Joy

It's been quite sometime since I've posted due to the Leadership Conference we've had all week. So now, I'm back and ready to create!!!
I've decided to start branching out more and trying out more sketch challenges. Here's the latest from Little Paper Shop.
I started out by covering some chipboard letters w/Paper Glaze and chunky green glitter then set those aside to dry. I heat embossed this great snowman image and colored in w/Sharpies. I added a tad bit of glitter to the snow and falling snowflakes. The image is matted on a paper bag! My mom found all these great lunch sack style paper bags that were decorated for Christmas and gave me TONS! I thought the multi-colored mittens made a great background for this!
I sprayed a piece of green cardstock w/some Pearl-EX mixed w/hairspray for some shimmer. I matted everything and attached the letters w/red liner tape and the snowflakes w/mini gluedots.
I wasn't real sure about the yellow cardstock against the green but thought it made a nice touch. what do you think? Thanks for taking the time to look and comment!
Have a fab day!
Julz =)
Recipe~
Ink: Black dye ink
Stamp: Penny Black "Warm & Cold"
Technique: Heat Embossing
Supplies: Reflections Cardstock in green and yellow, designed paper bag, felt snowflakes, chipboard letters, glitter, Paper Glaze, Sharpies, Quickie Glue Pen, Clear embossing powder, Pearl-EX shimmer powder, mini-gluedots, redliner tape

1 comment:

Jennifer {jennifer-g} said...

Adorable! What fun colors for winter! I love how you used letters as the embellies to spell a sentiment w/ the sketch. Thanks for playing with us!