Monday, October 6, 2008

TLC177 - Got Grid?


You can find the Grid tutortial here.


This is my first grid card and for my friend Tracie. Her birthday is on Friday. I really love this new technique! I can definitely envision myself using it often! =)


I pondered a bit on how to make the grid since I do not own a Scor-pal. Instead I used my photo cutter and a mechanical pencil. Using the blade runner for a guide, I scored the 1/2 inch lines perfectly! I rubbed a cotton ball covered in pink ink over the grid shadowing the edges a bit darker than the middle. I stacked pink sheer ribbon over caramel ribbon and tied at one end of the grid. I embossed the candle in brown. Tracie just LOVES glitter (not to mention pink and brown together!) so I took some sparkle glaze and dabbed a bit onto the candle which I then covered in this great pink glitter. I used the end of a paintbrush to add the dots the same way. I used a corner rounder on all of the layers and the card itself.I really like the way this turned out!


What do you think?


Have a fabulous day!
Julz =)

No comments: